Sunday, January 30, 2011

Civilian Flying

As I've said earlier, ever since I could remember we had part ownership of a twin engine airplane.  Pictured to the left is the first plance I can remember us having.  It was a 6-seater.  That's 4 year-old me standing on the wing and Daddy is walking toward the camera.

We would be sitting around our house on the weekend, probably just having played golf together and I would say, "Daddy, can we go to the airport?"  And that would be about all it took and we would be on our way to check on the plane, take a quick hop around the area or to hang out with the other pilots on the front porch of the terminal and talk 'Pilot Talk.'  Daddy's brother, Donald, flew in World War II and later flew for what was then called Flowers Bakeries (now Flowers Foods) and eventually DuPont.

No comments:

Post a Comment